Wowza Community

Help With Setting Up Live Video Stream for Incoming Streams

All,

I am not a server guy so please be kind. I recently installed Wowza on my mac and setup the server successfully. I am even able to stream video to the “Live” application in Wowza. I see the “test.stream”(name of my incoming stream) under the incoming streams section. My question is how can I broadcast that incoming stream to multiple clients. I can view the stream on my (local) VLC player as long as the server is running on my system by streaming from URL which looks like this : rtsp://[my-ip-addrs]:1935/live/test.stream.But when I try to stream the same link from another computer on its VLC player(on which Wowza is not installed) it doesn’t establish a connection. How can I achieve this? How can I broadcast the incoming stream to multiple clients? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks much !

PN: The authentication is open / no authentication so I dont have to worry about username and password

Hi there,

In your router you need to port forward TCP port 1935 to the computer running Wowza. Or on your network you need to map port 1935 to the server running Wowza.

This site may be helpful in setting this up:

www.portforward.com

Salvadore

No problem, let us know if you need help with anything else.

Salvadore

Thanks much for the reply greatly appreciate that! Will get back to you if I have any questions…