Wowza Community

RTMP Stutter RSP and HTTP are fine

I’ve just installed wowza 4.0.3 on my test machine.

When I play RTSP or HTTP the video is fine (although http is lagged behind)

but when I play the RTMP live it keeps freezing up.

Playing an archived clip via a VOD application works fine in RTMP

I’m capturing content from my webcam to test but will be moving to production hardware later.

I’m grabbing the content stream with FFMPEG and using mpegTS to pass the data to wowza

My ffmpeg command line is:

ffmpeg -f dshow -i video=“Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000”:audio=“Microphone (Pro 9000)” -flags +global_header -strict -2 -vf yadif=0:0:0 -c:v libx264 -c:a aac -profile:v baseline -pix_fmt yuv420p -bsf dump_extra -tune zerolatency -preset ultrafast -strict experimental -f tee -map 0 “c:\temp\Recording.mp4|[f=mpegts]udp://127.0.0.1:10000?pkt_size=1316”

My application is almost identical to the live application except I’ve disabled microsoft smooth streaming as I don’t need it.

I am using the wowza transcoder with the transrate setting.

I’m previewing my feeds with FLV but the same issue happens in the test players.

Changed ffmpeg to:

ffmpeg -f dshow -i video=“Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000”:audio=“Microphone (Pro 9000)” -flags +global_header -strict -2 -vf yadif=0:0:0 -c:v libx264 -c:a aac -profile:v baseline -pix_fmt yuv420p -bsf:v dump_extra -tune zerolatency -preset ultrafast -strict experimental -f tee -map 0 “D:\temp\Recording.mp4|[f=mpegts]udp://127.0.0.1:10000?pkt_size=1316”

and turned off low latency and this seemed to fix it.