Wowza Community

Loop playlist by Live stream

Greetings!

Pls help - can’t understood how to create a loop playback from VOD to the live Stream.

I create a Live app, put the two mp4 files into content directory, download and install additional modules to the /install-dir/lib/wms-plugin-collection.jar

After that, i create the SMIL (streamschedule.smil) by this manual https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-schedule-streaming-with-wowza-streaming-engine-streampublisher and put it into the content directory of LIVE app.

In LIVE app, i create a custom properties parameters (streamPublisherSmilFile), than restart the app.

But nothing happen ((

VOD app playback my files fine.

There is my smil file:

Hi there.

By default Wowza uses [install-dir]/content for streaming. You can configure an application to use a different storage directory.

It sounds like you have created a storage directory for the Live app and placed the .smil file there? Have you modified the Live applications ?

If you have not changed the storage directory for the live application, you can either move the .smil file to [install-dir]/content and test that. Or you can change the storage directory.

For more information please see the Quick Start Guide:

Content Storage

Salvadore

There are two ways to configure the scheduler, the way you are doing it with the ServerListener loads the schedule when Wowza starts. You can remove that ServerListener and configured the Application Module as shown in the guide. You would then use this ServerListener to load and lock the application you have configured to use the schedule.

Richard

To add, using the application module will allow you to reload the schedule, though that must be done with some care. And be sure to remove the ServerListenerStreamPublisher when doing this with ModuleStreamPublisher

Richard

Assuming everything else is configured correctly in the live application, you would use the stream name that’s set in the SMIL file. Not the name of the SMIL file.

In this case “Stream1”. So the URL would be:

http://server/livex/Stream1/playlist.m3u8

Regards,

Salvadore

Can you please outline the steps you have take in configuring this application for Scheduled Streaming? Also please reference what guide, if any you are following.

Thank you,

NOTE EDIT: Also, can you explain what you are trying to do exactly?

Salvadore

Hi Salvadore,

I have created the following playlist to loop:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

Assuming everything else is configured correctly in the live application, you would use the stream name that’s set in the SMIL file. Not the name of the SMIL file.

In this case “Stream1”. So the URL would be:

http://server/livex/Stream1/playlist.m3u8

Regards,

Salvadore

So i tried that and still no joy:

==> wowzastreamingengine_error.log <==

WARN server comment 2016-03-09 HTTPStreamerAdapterCupertinoStreamer.onPlaylist: Stream not found [livex/Stream1/playlist.m3u8]: Stream1

am i missing something obvious? this has been doing my head in for days!!

I did this.

I forgot about configured Server Listener Configuration by adding a new class of server listener (Fully Qualified Class Name - com.wowza.wms.plugin.collection.serverlistener.ServerListenerStreamPublisher).

But - my live stream only works when my wowza server start.

If i restart the application then live stream stop and don’t restart before i restart the Wowza service.

How to bind live stream restart to live application restart, not for wowza service ?

To add, using the application module will allow you to reload the schedule, though that must be done with some care. And be sure to remove the ServerListenerStreamPublisher when doing this with ModuleStreamPublisher:)