Thread: SMIL Scheduling Problems

Default SMIL Scheduling Problems

Hi everyone,

I've finished this morning the installation of new Wowza Streaming Engine and now I'm configuring it so that we have same applications running that we had in Wowza Media Server3. I've set up my application, step by step, just as this tutorial explains,
    ( http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....ge=13#comments ), but I'm having some troubles with scheduled vod contents. The problem is that I have some files in the "content" dir, but some others are in a subdirectory called "demo". In Wowza Media Server3 I had this working. This was my SMIL file lines for this "nested" contents:
    [...]
    <stream name="ERCBA"></stream>
    <playlist name="pl32" playOnStream="ERCBA" repeat="true" scheduled="2009-12-11 16:30:00">
    <video src="demo/mp4:20110815ExposcionRetratoCBA.mov" start="0" length="-1"/>
    </playlist>
    [...]
    I tried with "/demo/mp4:20110815ExposcionRetratoCBA.mov"
    also with "/_definst_/demo/mp4:20110815ExposcionRetratoCBA.mov"

But none of these options is working. Java throws this exception (error_log file)

MediaReaderH264.open[playlists/_definst_]: Not found: C:/Program Files (x86)/Wowza Media Systems/Wowza Streaming Engine 4.0.3/content/20110815ExposcionRetratoCBA.mov.: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files (x86)\Wowza Media Systems\Wowza Streaming Engine 4.0.3\content\20110815ExposcionRetratoCBA.mov (El sistema no puede encontrar el archivo especificado)|at java.io.RandomAccessFile.open(Native Method)|at java.io.RandomAccessFile.<init>(RandomAccessFile.java:233)|at com.wowza.io.WowzaRandomAccessFile.<init>(WowzaRandomAccessFile.java:12)|at com.wowza.io.DirectRandomAccessReader.open(DirectRandomAccessReader.java:222)|at com.wowza.wms.mediareader.h264.MediaReaderH264.open(MediaReaderH264.java:250)|

It seems like is not trying to get this content from "demo" subdir. How can I fix that?

Many thanks
    Javier.

Hi,
    The sub dir need to be specified after the mp4: prefix.
    Try adjusting the .smil file so it looks like the example below.
    <video src="mp4:demo/20110815ExposcionRetratoCBA.mov" start="0" length="-1"/>
    Regards,
    Jason

Hi Jason,

thank you very much, now my schedule is working fine.

Regards.
    Javier

Hi,
    Thanks for the update.

Regards,
    Jason