Wowza Community

Wowza Streaming Engine panel will not open

Hello, Centos 5.6 64bits

After install Wowza Streaming Engine panel will not open @ 8088 or 8086

the server is working 1935.

I did not install JAVA, the panel work on other server test without java install

Regards

Ja

Hello Ja,

Are you running iptables? If so, try and shut it off and test the engine manager once more.

/etc/init.d/iptables save
/etc/init.d/iptables stop

If it works, ensure you turn iptables back on and only allow the required ports.

Hello, after /etc/init.d/iptables stop

the panel does came up, 8086/enginemanager/login.html show the same as 1935

but 8088 does not load

The server is running but not panel.

Ja

Thank you, I have upload the file to support@wowza.com

ja

Hello, how do i setup live/VOD stream without using Woza engine panel, Its loadined on PLESK server which will not allow the panel to work.

but the wowza is run ok but the panel.

J cole

Ja,

Please create a support request by sending an email to support@wowza.com. Include a reference to this post and include a copy of the following files as a .zip (or other archive):

[install-dir]/conf

[install-dir]/logs

[install-dir]/transcoder

[install-dir]/manager/logs

Thank you,

-Tim

J Cole,

It sounds like you want to run the manager but you have Plesk running on the same port (8088). If this is the case, you can alter the port that Wowza Streaming Engine Manager runs on by modifying the [install-dir]/manager/bin/startmgr.sh script and change the following:

--httpPort=8088

You’ll see this listed in one of the CMD= variable setup within that script. You can change this as-needed to an available port. Otherwise, if you’d like to set the applications up manually, see the following:

Example with RTMP based encoder, for live stream:

How to set up live streaming using an RTMP-based encoder

Example VOD:

How to set up video on demand

Thanks,

Matt