Thread: Timeshift feature

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Timeshift feature

Can anyone help me with some basic information...I like to run a Live strean with 1, 4, 6 and 12 hours delay. how can i make this possible the BEST way using wowza 3 or 4. Please advice.

I heard abou ndvr and live stream recorder. but please advice on whats the best method possible.

Also if i like to hire someone to set this up for me... please advice if wowza support offer to work side by side with customer to setup wowza for my specific need for a fixed fee ? or can recommend a developer.

Yes, it is possible to use the nDVR addon to play back a delayed live stream. Please take a look at the How to use Wowza nDVR Playlist Request API article for a detailed description on how to configure and use the nDVR addon for achieving this functionality.
    For more information about planning anr deploying your nDVR Wowza setup, please take a look at the following forum articles:

If you need help in setting up your system, you can post your project requirements in our Find a Consultant forum section.

Another approach is to use Live Stream Record to make segmented recordings, then use this scheduler to play them back as live streams. And some combine nDVR and recordings/scheduler approach. The Live Stream Record recordings are more portable than the nDVR store.

4. Default

i would like to offer the module exactly for such task - PWI Time-shift Streaming Addon for Wowza Streaming Engine . If you are interested please contact us direct : .

Best Regards,
    Alexey Ostroumov
    Last edited by AlexeyO; 07-15-2016 at 08:26 AM.