Wowza Community

addition of module throws exception

we have wowza 4.0.3 installed on remote linux 64-bit system. We created a module application and it throws exception as below(It throws exception on every custom cuepoint the flash application calls).

ERROR	server invoke(onConnect): java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException|at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)|at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)|at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)|at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:622)|at com.wowza.wms.module.ModuleFunction.invoke(ModuleFunction.java:293)|

As the server is remotely located, i couldn’t debug my module. So, i installed wowza 4.0.3 on windows 64-bit locally and it works just fine.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

krishna

krishna,

Check the Wowza and Java version on each server. You want the development server to be the same or lower version of each.

Richard

Krishna,

If you are all up to date now, I suggest you rebuild the module in the IDE against the recent version. If you have an existing project, you can just delete the project build.xml, then delete the project, but without checking the box to delete files, then create a new project with the exact same name. The files will be there and your environment will be aligned with Wowza 4. Make sure the recreated project is pointing to the Wowza 4 install location.

Richard

Hi Richard,

We built module library using “developer Edition 4.0.3” on windows 64-bit locally. The wowza version installed on server is “Monthly Edition 4.0.3”. Both servers are using the same java version. Is it ok?

Initially, we built module using developer edition 3.6, but server was of 4.0.3. But now both versions are of 4.0.3. Is the problem causing due to server still loading the previous module jar file? I restarted the server several times though!

Krishna