Wowza Community

Creating subfolders with streams files in content

Hey everyone.

I would like to know how can i create a subfolder in content directory and use to streaming. For example access with VLC the url:

rtsp://[wowza-ip-server]:1935/live/subfolder_name/camera.stream

When i try create one subfolder in content with one file named camera.stream that error is launched in Flash RTMP Player:

‘Failed to play /subfolder_name/camera.stream; stream not found.’

Details: Wowza version 4.0.3 in AMI with Linux.

Hi there, to access content in a sub folder you need to include the app instance. By default this is named “definst

So your URL would look something like this:

rtsp://[wowza-ip=server]:1935/live/_definst_/subfolder_name/camera.stream

Salvadore

As long as the sub folder is located inside the [install-dir]/content folder and your Application.xml file is configured to use the “content” directory /content it should work.

How are you starting the stream? StartupStreams.xml? Stream Manager? or through the UI with Server/Startup Streams? Are you sure you are starting the stream?

Salvadore

I should say, it worked in my test.

It may be a connectivity issue, what do you see in the access logs after the publish event?

Salvadore

Thanks for the update and I am glad you got it working.

I am not sure what your next question is? You can have multiple sub-folders inside the content folder.

Salvadore

There is no way that I know of to specify where the new stream file is created via the UI, it will create the file to whatever directory is set in the application

Salvadore

Your very welcome.

Salvadore

Thanks for reply Salvadore!

So i tried it before and didn’t work.

Is necessary change something in config files?

Hey Salvadore,

I remade tests and worked. I started streams by UI with Wowza Streaming Engine. Thank you very much!

But I have a question yet…

If i have multiple folders in content how can i manage them? Is it possible to use Wowza Streaming Engine for subfolders?

Thanks a lot Salvadore.

So when i create one stream in the “Stream Files” the file is saved in /content but i want save him in /content/subfolder_that_i_choose changing the storage location “dynamically”. Is this possible with Wowza Streaming Engine?

Understood. Thank you very much again for informations Salvadore.

Best Regards,

Guilherme.