There has been one issue in particular that has long baffled me: audio / video out-of-sync for live RTMP streams.
While I have not been able to discover a resolution to this issue on my own using the forum, Google, and anything else I can imagine - I am sure that there must be others facing this issue. First and foremost, let me provide some rich details about the issue.
Wowza Streaming Engine 4 Monthly Edition 4.0.1 build10615
- We are using ViewCast Niagara 2200 Encoders
- We are experiencing this issue accross all of our streams on ALL devices (iOS, Flash playback, etc.)
- I do honestly believe the issue may lie in the configuration of the encoder, however, I have not been able to determine what exactly is causing the issue
- In the error log, we often see: "Fragment duration great than suggested range of 1 - 4 seconds" for live streams
- In the error log, we also often see: "Timecode out of order [video]"
Our ViewCast encoder configuration is as follows (uniform settings for each of our streams - 6 in total):
Encoder Type: Flash
Video Encoder: H264
Frame Rate: 29.97fps
Format: 48.000 KHz, 16 bit, Stereo
Audio Type: Low Complexity
Audio Encoder: AAC
Often, audio / video fall out of sync after a few hours of streaming. These streams are LIVE 24/7. We are also using Wowza Transcoder to transcode these streams. The transcoder settings are set to:
Transcoder Option: "Match incoming stream name to template name"
Fallback Template: Transrate (Default)
I will attach Wowza Log files in a second post from our Wowza Server. I greatly appreciate the assistance of the community.