Wowza Community

Corrupted Mp4 files with GoCoder and Streaming Engine 4 HTTPLiveStreamRecord

Hello,

We are using Wowza’s GoCoder on iPhones (latest update) to record live streams on our Wowza Striming Engine (4.0.1). We have done this for some time with our old 3.5 Wowza server, and the previous version of the GoCoder without any problem. Recently, we are getting many (about 50%) of the recorded files corrupted. When converting them with FFmpeg we always get this error: “Invalid SampleDelta in STTS”, and “multiple fourcc not supported” (I saw a track with the same error from 7 months ago, with no response). Also, many has this error too: “Queue input is backward in time” and various other errors.

I am not sure if the problem started after upgrading the server, or the GoCoder since we upgraded them in about the same time.

Thanks,

Eyal.

Eyal,

Have you tried applying a sortBuffer?

Richard

This is more likely network problems than either Wowza or GoCoder changes. But if there is a Wowza or GoCoder issue the first thing will be to be able to reproduce it consistently with the latest version of Wowza, which is 4.03.02.

Latest production build is 4.03 at present

And there is a patch 2 in develoment builds

You might hold out for patch 3 which should be forthcoming soon, though I do not know exactly when.

In further testing, I would remove network factors altogether if possible. Use an encoder on the same server or vlan, or using server-side stream as the source using the scheduler.

Richard

Hi Richard,

I have added a sortBuffer now. I’ll let it run for a few days and I’ll let you know if that helped.

Thanks,

Eyal.

Hi Richard,

Unfortuenetly, the problem persists even after adding the sortBuffer. What’s next?

Testing as suggested. I’ll let you know the results.

Thanks, Eyal.