Wowza Community

Niagra Viewcast to Wowza Streaming Engine

I am encoding with a Niagara 9100 at this time. I am sending to an Apple server running an older Wowza. I have installed a new Dell server with Windows ( a great server, 32 gig RAM, dual 8 core preocessors and plenty of HD) and Wowza Streaming Engine. All my old streams are going to the Apple server fine. They are .f4v, AAC, H.264. If I put in the address of the new server to send the stream to, I get no errors, just no streaming. I have Wowza installed as per guide. Is there anything else needed on the Windows server I am missing? I cannot find a guide to help me with the Niagara encoder as there are with others (come on Wowza lets get one set up for Niagara-Viewcast!). Is anybody here using the Niagara? Can anybody give me a hint as to what I might be missing or need to activate? The directories are on the new server and the Niagara user has full permissions on those directories. I just can’t think of anything else. I’ve been trying and changing every little Wowza setting for over a week now. Still, “No Streams Available”. I am broadcasting live, not recording anything for later VOD. Anybody? Anybody know of a good Wowza consultant I could hire for a few hours/days? Since the stream goes to the old Wowza I do not think it is an encoder problem. Thanks for any and all help and hints!

Hi there, are you seeing any bind failures? If so, that indicates that port 1935 is either blocked by a firewall or not properly mapped in your network (e.g. port forwarding in your router) to your Wowza server.

Do you see any logs in Wowza indicating that the encoder has started? A publish event?

Salvadore

Both (all three) machines on same 10.10.64 segment, no firewalls or routers involved.

This is all I get in the error log (nothing incoming in the access log):

ERROR server comment 2014-05-27 15:42:17 - - - - - 2.683 - - - - - - - - REST API: Server request (GET): IP WhiteList blocked (10.10.64.59)-403: http://10.10.64.59:8087/v1/server/server

Can anyone help me and shed a little light here? 10.10.64.59 is the wowza server itself.

Hi there. You may need to add your IP to the Server.xml RESTInterface property. Please take a look at this guide:

How to connect to remote Streaming Engine installations (whitelist)

Salvadore

Do you see the “publish” events in your logs/wowzastreamingengine_access.log? Similar to the following:

[YYYY-MM-DD]	[HH:MM:SS]	[TIMEZONE]	publish	stream	INFO	200 [STREAM-NAME]