Wowza Community

JWPlayer not loading on Android

I’ve set up a broadcasting on my website, but I can’t seem to get it to play on android devices.

I used the “Publish Wizard” on the JW Player Website to embed the player onto my word press website, it plays well on the computer but doesn’t load on android devices. I’m also using RTMP not m3u8, so I don’t think thats the problem.

The embedded player can be seen here: http://vietcanadatv.net And clicking on the “Android” tab to the top right.

Can someone tell me what I’m doing wrong?

Hi,

That won’r work on Android at all. You’ll need to fallback to rtsp for live streaming.

A reliable method is discussed in this JW Player forum post.

Daren

Hi,

A link to the rtsp url should work when embedded in a web page.

Try the test URL on this page.

Click on the ‘Direct RTSP URL’

It could be that the web browser / player association needs resetting.

When I click on the RTSP link on my device in chrome I’m given a choice of apps to use, one is the video

player and selecting this starts video playback.

Daren

Hi,

That won’r work on Android at all. You’ll need to fallback to rtsp for live streaming.

A reliable method is discussed in this JW Player forum post.

Daren

Thanks for the reply Daren.

What I have setup is now:

Wirecast encoder live streaming to my wowza server via Quicktime (RTSP)

Sending the rtsp link via email to my android and opening it with Gmail works, allowing me to open it with the native video player on my mobile android.

However when I try to hyperlink the RTSP or type it into the URL of chrome browser it always gives a corrupted error (doesn’t load at all). Am I missing something here?

Also, I read somewhere that RTSP cannot be embedded onto a webpage if that is true, how come some sites have video that my android phone can load directly from the page (embedding)?

Note:

The link that I have emailed to myself, which works when opened with GMAIL is : rtsp://192.168.2.2:1935/live/myStream.sdp

And the HTML page I have setup on my website is: Test