Wowza Community

Problem using stream from camera

I want to schedule camera broadcast. So, i use my camera stream inside my smil file as you can see below:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<smil title="">
	<head></head>
	<body>
		<stream name="Stream1"></stream>

<playlist name="Stream_1_pl" playOnStream="Stream1" repeat="true" scheduled="2014-05-23 12:06:00">
			<video length="200" src="mpegts1.stream" start="-2"></video>
		</playlist>
	</body>
</smil>

mpegts1.stream is the stream from my camera which is working properly. Is there something that i 'm missing ?

Waiting for your help,

thanks in advance

When your scheduler starts, is your mpegts1.stream stream available/started? Can you paste in some logs of this all being initiated?

Hi,

The video tag in your smil file is missing the length attribute which is required.

I’m not sure if this is the cause but please add this attribute and see if that fixes it.

Also, please make sure you are using the latest version of the Module Collection. The current build version is 11553.

If this doesn’t fix the issue then please zip up your conf & logs folders and smil file and send to support@wowza.com along with a description of the problem and a link to this thread.

Roger.

Confirm that your conf/[app-name]/Application.xml StreamType is “live” and is your .stream file setup in your StartupStreams.xml or are you manually initiating it?

mpegts1.stream stream is availble at the time that Stream1 is scheduled.

In logs i am getting this warning

WARN	server	comment	2014-05-23	14:30:10	-	-	-	-	-	18.571	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	mpegts1.stream	MediaReaderH264.open[2]: java.lang.Exception: QTUtils.parseQTMediaContainer: File is missing 'moov' atom.: java.lang.Exception: QTUtils.parseQTMediaContainer: File is missing 'moov' atom.|at com.wowza.wms.mediareader.h264.util.QTUtils.parseQTMediaContainer(QTUtils.java:195)|at com.wowza.wms.mediareader.h264.MediaReaderH264.open(MediaReaderH264.java:319)|at com.wowza.wms.stream.publish.PublishingProviderMediaReader.a(PublishingProviderMediaReader.java:96)|at com.wowza.wms.stream.publish.PublishingProviderMediaReader.<init>(PublishingProviderMediaReader.java:71)|at com.wowza.wms.stream.publish.Stream.a(Stream.java:893)|

Yes the StreamType of my app is set to live. I have my .stream file in StartupStreams.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Root version="1">
	<StartupStreams>
		<StartupStream>
			<Application>live/_definst_</Application>
			<StreamName>mpegts1.stream</StreamName>
			<MediaCasterType>rtp</MediaCasterType>
		</StartupStream>
	</StartupStreams>
</Root>

When wowza4 starts my stream mpegts1.stream works properly. The problem starts when i add that stream inside a scheduled stream.