Wowza Community

DVR playback stutters on some edge servers not others.

Hello, I run a multiple origin/edge site, we have started to make the change from RTMP streaming to MS Smooth Streaming, we have DRM enabled on the streams plus the nDVR addon, I was wondering are there any additional settings I can tweak to make this run smoother? Some servers run great, others it seems it has a hard time going back and forth and we get a lot of stuttering that we didnt get with rtmp.

Doug,

Anything in the logs that indicate a problem?

-Tim

Doug,

If you aren’t already, take a look at this article on using MediaCache with nDVR and Liverepeater. What this does is cache the nDVR chunks on the edge, which might help.

Richard

I’ll check to see, but afaik there isn’t. are there any settings though that I can edit to make travel between the DVR origin and the edge servers work a bit more smoothly?

I will take a look and let you guys know. We use the live/ instead of /dvrorigin i should be able to configure mediacache to use that correct?

Okay, heres a question, we have 10 edge servers, so is it possible the amount of edge nodes would cause buffering on playback?