Wowza Community

How to set the location of the overlay image in live streaming?

Hi,

Is it possible if I want to change the location of overlay image to a custom location (for e.g. between the center and the most right position)?

How?

Thanks in advance for the help.

note:

• I use Wowza 4.0.3.

• I have set the length and width of the image to the even measure.

Hi,

Please take a look at the “How to set up and run Wowza Transcoder AddOn for live streaming” forum article in the template configuration part, the “Decode settings” section. In the Video/Overlays/Overlay/[Elements]. paragraph, you have an example on how to add an overlay image. In the screen capture shown, you can see an “Image Placement” tab which you can click and set the position of your overlay image.

Zoran

The template’s /Encode /Overlay has /X and /Y attributes that are used for placement.

<Overlay>
	<Enable>true</Enable>
	<Name>WowzaLogo</Name>
	<Index>0</Index>
	<ImagePath>${com.wowza.wms.context.VHostConfigHome}/content/wowzalogo.png</ImagePath>
	<CheckForUpdates>false</CheckForUpdates>
	<Opacity>100</Opacity>
	<Location>
		<X>4</X>
		<Y>4</Y>
		<Width>${ImageWidth}</Width>
		<Height>${ImageHeight}</Height>
		<!-- horiz: left, right, hcenter - vert: top, bottom, vcenter -->
		<Align>left,top</Align>
	</Location>
</Overlay>

Richard

Hi,

Please take a look at the “How to set up and run Wowza Transcoder AddOn for live streaming” forum article in the template configuration part, the “Decode settings” section. In the Video/Overlays/Overlay/[Elements]. paragraph, you have an example on how to add an overlay image. In the screen capture shown, you can see an “Image Placement” tab which you can click and set the position of your overlay image.

Zoran

Hi Zoran,

Thank you for your respon. That document is one of my reference when I set the overlay image in my live streaming.

Maybe my question is not quite clear, I didn’t ask about how to add an overlay image to the stream, I already succeeded in doing that, but I asked how to make the adjustment to the image placement. Currently I put the image on the top right location, but I don’t like it because it placed at the edge of the screen, while I want it had a space from the right edge, but not in the center.

I have play around with the vertical offset and horizontal offset but it seems only the vertical has an effect, while the horizontal give none no matter what value I put in it. I have put 0 to 200 in there and the appearance still the same, that is on the very edge of the screen.

Thank you for your respon Richard,

Is this the you refer to?

/usr/local/WowzaStreamingEngine-4.0.1/transcoder/templates/transcode.xml or transrate.xml?

What is the different if I put it from enginemanager? As I said before that I have tried to put value between 0 to 200 in

horizontal offset, which I assume will be the same with X location in the file you mention, the result is the same no change in position at all.

I will try to change in the file you refer to and will let you know the result.

Thank you.

The template’s /Encode /Overlay has /X and /Y attributes that are used for placement.

<Overlay>
    <Enable>true</Enable>
    <Name>WowzaLogo</Name>
    <Index>0</Index>
    <ImagePath>${com.wowza.wms.context.VHostConfigHome}/content/wowzalogo.png</ImagePath>
    <CheckForUpdates>false</CheckForUpdates>
    <Opacity>100</Opacity>
    <Location>
        <X>4</X>
        <Y>4</Y>
        <Width>${ImageWidth}</Width>
        <Height>${ImageHeight}</Height>
        <!-- horiz: left, right, hcenter - vert: top, bottom, vcenter -->
        <Align>left,top</Align>
    </Location>
</Overlay>

Richard