Wowza Community

can't find where was the stream saved

Hi,

I am trying to move from one Wowza server to another. Now I used an pre-build AMI with devkey, and installed on an AWS EC2 instance. All went well, but it seems that the stream is not saved anywhere. First I tried to move the file to a mounted S3 bucket. I was thinking that this was the problem, but I changed the destination to a temp folder in /tmp. Still doesn’t seem to work. I am recording from a mic and send the stream to wowza server. The access log seems to create the stream , and tries to publish:

2014-06-02 08:06:06 UTC create stream INFO 200 - - defaultVHost vod tempFolder 0.001 [any] 1935 rtmp:///vod/tempFolder 89.35.222.125 rtmp http:// WIN 13,0,0,214 171168091 155834 4845 1 - 0 0 - - - - 0 0.0 rtmp:///vod/tempFolder rtmp:///vod/tempFolder - rtmp:///vod/tempFolder -

2014-06-02 08:06:06 UTC create stream INFO 200 - - defaultVHost vod definst 0.0 [any] 1935 rtmp:///vod 89.35.222.125 rtmp http:// WIN 13,0,0,214 774290454 155816 4845 1 - 0 0 - - - - 0 0.0 rtmp:///vod rtmp:///vod -rtmp:///vod -

2014-06-02 08:06:07 UTC publish stream INFO 401 - - defaultVHost vod tempFolder 0.151 [any] 1935 rtmp:///vod/tempFolder 89.35.222.125 rtmp WIN 13,0,0,214 171168091 155914 4886 1 - 0 0 - - - - 0 0.0 rtmp:///vod/tempFolder rtmp:///vod/tempFolder - rtmp:///vod/tempFolder -

2014-06-02 08:06:07 UTC publish stream INFO 401 - - defaultVHost vod definst 0.15 [any] 1935 rtmp:///vod 89.35.222.125 rtmp http:// WIN 13,0,0,214 774290454 155896 4886 1 - 0 0 - - - - 0 0.0 rtmp:///vod rtmp:///vod -rtmp:///vod -

The flow used before, and that we try also now is : record a sound from a flash recorder, send the stream to wowza server, there the stream is saved to a file on a S3 Bucket, we get the file from there and use it in our app.

Perhaps I am missing something. I followed the steps described in the server installation guide, and then https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-use-the-fuse-based-file-system-backed-by-amazon-s3 , but I think something else is wrong.

Thanks.

Are you publishing a live stream? You are using an application named “vod” which I assume is configured as vod app (StreamType “default”), but you should be using a live application. How are you recording?

Richard

Andrei,

Are you using a Flash client as publisher? If so, make sure you set the NetStream silence level is “0”. What is the audio codec, NellyMoser?

We might need a closer look. If still not working, run a short test and send us results. First enable “cupertinostreamingpacketizer” in the Application.xml /Streams /LiveStreamPacketizers (because there is much codec info in cupertino packetizer logging). Then re-start Wowza, publish the stream and play it back, then stop the stream. Check to see if there is a recording or still not. If not, zip up and send the /conf folder and the current access log showing Wowza re-start and the above test to support@wowza.com

Include a link to this thread for reference.

Richard

The recording should be in the /content folder where Wowza is installed. Please re-start Wowza, then start the live stream, then test playback of the live stream, then stop the stream and test recording of the recording. Then zip up the /conf folder and the current access log (in the /logs folder) to support@wowza.com. Include a link to this thread for reference

Richard

You have to play the file back with a VOD application

If you are using the WebCamRecording setup, where the Application.xml /StreamType is “default”, you can use the same application to playback the stream.

If the stream is recorded to .flv container in Wowza 4, you have to use flv: prefix to play it back (e.g. “flv:myStream.flv”). Use the test RTMP player in the Wowza Manager.

Richard

We are using the “vod” application with StreamType “record”. We are using actually a live audio stream that we get from a connected mic. Perhaps some incompatibilities exist because we used an older version of wowza (3.x)? And now we use 4.x ?

Richard,

Indeed we are using a flash client as publisher. I have changed to use the live application. The cupertinostreamingpacketizer is already enabled since we are using prebuilt ami.

It seems that silence level is already 0 and the codec used is SPEEX.

It was a security issue for incoming stream. I have passed that.

Now I have some issues on finding and storing the stream.

Ok. I am almost done, with only one issue left.

We are creating 2 streams, one used to store the recording (which is working well), and another one used for playback. The one used for playback doesn’t seem to work. I have created a tempFolder under /media/ephemeral0/WowzaStreamingEngine/content/live/ and I assumed that the stream is stored there. But when we try to play it back, it gived stream not found error. Any suggestions? Or what should I provide you?

Many thanks!

I found the content.

To clarify current issue:

We are using the live application to record a stream. After the record is stopped, we want to playback the recorded stream. I managed to playback the live stream, but not the recorded one, after the record was stopped.