Wowza Community

Multiple events to stream Live at the same time.

Hi all,

We recently purchased our Wowza licences and Live streaming will be a service from now on from IT to provide…So this product and its setup is quite new to us and we are still in exploration phase.

Our first task is to cover a technology day/event where multiple speakers will speak into breakout sessions.

How many incoming streams can Wowza Server handle ? Assume each event has its own length and timing… and adequate hardware resources to run Wowza. We can have one origin and multiple edges for remote sites, so they can wathc the stream locally.

can we send 4 streams concurrently to Wowza origin to be cascaded to edges for other global offices?

Regards,

Hello,

Yes, it is possible to publish multiple streams to one Wowza server. You can publish those stream to one server application or to multiple different applications. This depends on the way you wish to have your server configured.

Pleas take a look at the “How to set up live streaming using an RTMP-based encoder” forum article describing how to publish a stream to a Wowza server.

Also, if you wish to have a cascaded server setup, you can follow the instructions described in this article: How to configure a live stream repeater

Zoran

It is something you have to test, and understand that the number of incoming live streams is limited by cpu and memory, whereas playback is usually limited by bandwidth, throughput from the server. Make sure the server is well tuned also.

Richard

Hello,

Yes, it is possible to publish multiple streams to one Wowza server. You can publish those stream to one server application or to multiple different applications. This depends on the way you wish to have your server configured.

Pleas take a look at the “How to set up live streaming using an RTMP-based encoder” forum article describing how to publish a stream to a Wowza server.

Also, if you wish to have a cascaded server setup, you can follow the instructions described in this article: How to configure a live stream repeater

Zoran

Thank you Zoran. That’s great news. But How many streams I can setup ? I need to announce that I can (properly) cover x amount of speeches at the same time ? or is it left for trial and error ?