Wowza Community

Custom filename on record stream.

Hello.

To change the default filename on the recorded live stream automatticaly need to do this instructions:

https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-start-and-stop-live-stream-recordings-programmatically-livestreamrecordautorecord-example#delegate

Have WOWZA easier way to do something like that, without creating and complinig new packages & classes?

For example, change some parameters in Application.xml…

I need swap stream-name and datestamp.

-OR-

Can u pls help me with step-by-step instruction about using MyFileVersionDelegate ?

1. Download & install WOWZA IDE.

2. Download StreamRecorderAutoRecord_4.0.zip.

3. Compile SRC “ModuleLiveStreamRecord.java” and install it by README.html instructions.

Between the step 2 and step 3 i can make changes into src file.

Uncomment this

// If you want to use your own file Version Delegate, set it here
params.fileVersionDelegate(new MyFileVersionDelegate());

But i dont understand, how to use it (MyFileVersionDelegate). Could someone help me?

Hello,

In order to create a custom Wowza module you will have to develop your custom code and compile it before using it with Wowza.

Did you try using the built-in Wowza recording functionality where you can also specify a naming convention for your recorded files?

It is described in the “How to record live streams (Wowza Streaming Engine)” article.

Zoran

Hello,

What Wowza engine already does is rename the files (*_2.mp4, *_1.mp4, *_0.mp4 etc).

Is there a way for the recorded file to start and end it’s streaming session with the same name?

We are interested to have recorded file names:

streamname-dd-mm-yyyy_hh-mm-ss.mp4

Hi,

Yes it is possible, but you will need to create a custom module using the example provided in the “How to start and stop live stream recordings programmatically

As Matt already mentioned “In the original download you’ve specified, you should see the file in src/ModuleAutoRecordAdvancedExample.java that implements the delegate you are looking at.”

Zoran

In the original download you’ve specified, you should see the file in src/ModuleAutoRecordAdvancedExample.java that implements the delegate you are looking at. There is a subclass called “MyFileVersionDelegate” of which contains the logic that determines the naming convention of the recorded file (see the “name” variable thereof). You will need to modify that and recompile to utilize this functionality.

I’ve tried to use https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-record-live-streams-wowza-streaming-engine#setfiletemplate.

In the manual using, i can change the filenames.

But i need to do this in automatically.

I use this module How to start and stop live stream recordings programmatically (IMediaStreamActionNotify3).

But i can’t understand how can i change the default filename.

e.g, i need this “yyyy-hh-mm-ss_streamname_partnumber.mp4”.

I think someone can do something like this thing, so i posting this question in this forum.