Wowza Community

Writing custom input module for wowza streaming engine

Hi,

I am a beginner in using wowza server and just started working on it. I wish to write a custom input handler as a plugin for wowza streaming engine. I mean, we don’t have any RTSP or RTP or RTMP streaming server, we will be receiving a stream on a websocket connection, which we want to redirect to wowza streaming engine. Can some one helps me out or redirect me to right link for writing a such custom input stream plugin ?

Hi,

If you can let us know the kind of input you are looking to add we may be able to provide pointers.

You mention a ‘websocket’ so is it a HTTP progressive stream ? or perhaps mpegts over HTTP ?

Andrew.

This is supported in Wowza, take a look at this article

Richard

Yes, if the encoder generates .sdp files that is the guide to follow

Richard

There are change of plans. It will be neither HTTP or TS or Websocket. We will be receiving RTP stream over a simple TCP or TLS socket and we need to feed it to Wowza Streamer.

We will receive RTP frames (H.264 Video and AAC Audio) on TCP socket and wish to pass it to wowza stream without any tunneling in between them. Is it possible ?

This article shows how to publish a RTSP stream. I wish to do same thing, but I don’t have a RTSP stream. I have a camera which supports RTSP stream, but wowza can not connect to camera; because camera is behind the firewall/NAT. So that camera will make a reverse connection and connects to a server running parallely with wowza and start streaming to that server. Now I want to redirect this camera stream from my custom server to wowza server. There is no RTSP server between them just a TCP connection. So actually my question is, how can I write a plugin which will accept stream from a custom TCP socket and re-stream it to client? Is such plugin supported by wowza?

I found this article useful. Correct me if I am wrong, create a SDP and save it to installation directory and start redirecting RTP frames from TCP socket to two UDP sockets (Video and Audio). Wowza will read SDP file and start receiving frames.