Thread: DO NOT WORK! How to fix OSMF 2.0 to work correctly with non-zero starttimes

Default DO NOT WORK! How to fix OSMF 2.0 to work correctly with non-zero starttimes

Hi guys,

I need to implement this one, but seems that fix you given do not work. I read this article: How to fix OSMF 2.0 to work correctly with non-zero starttimes.

I made the changes, but still did not work for me. I use OSMF ver 2 with Strobe: example

Please check it. You should see in net tab loading url like : http://87.239.191.37/nsa_vod/_defins...laystart=60194

private function calculateFragmentId(fdp:FragmentDurationPair, time:Number):uint {
    	if (fdp.duration <= 0 || time < fdp.durationAccrued) {
    		return fdp.firstFragment;
    	}

var deltaTime:Number = time - fdp.durationAccrued;
    	return fdp.firstFragment + uint(deltaTime / fdp.duration);
    }
    This is how my function in org.osmf.net.httpstreaming.f4f.AdobeFragmentRunTable.as looks like

Guys any idea?

Hi,

It's difficult to help debug this task. Are you sure you have setup your Flex and OSMF environment correctly, and are compiling a player with your changes?

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by rrlanham View Post
    Hi,

It's difficult to help debug this task. Are you sure you have setup your Flex and OSMF environment correctly, and are compiling a player with your changes?

Richard
    Hi Richard,

thanks for support. We are using Wowza for quite time. The player works good. It can play HDS without problem. You can test it here: how HDS plays. Wait a bit 10 sec before the HDS start, because to take the link take time.

All set up is good and I do the modifications as you showed there. Do you have somewhere set up so I can test with you my link?
    Best Slav

Hi Slav,

I did test your stream with wowzaplaystart and wowzaplayduration settings in the Wowza HDS test player included in the Wowza Manager. The wowzaplaystart and wowzaplayduration settings work.

Richard

Hi Richard,

I do not think it is issue with the wowza, but most how the osmf is set up. If you are speaking about this:

than yes it plays. IT work good. But the issues is even why do not play in OSMF. I decompiled the player that you used. IT seems to be created with OSMF ver 2.0, build number 71;
    While the last OSMF ver available is 2.0, build number 2494. I will try checking the code classes compared one by one and see if I will get any result, but I'm asking you also for help if you can guys try to do demo with the last OSMF available OSMF 2.0 Release (final source, ASDocs, pdf guides and release notes), released on 2012-03-29