Wowza Community

NullPointerException on WowzaAuthenticationProvider

Hi everyone,

I downloaded wowza as a trial and installed it on one of my dedicated servers. The setup goes fine, I can walk through the initial setup but if I sign out and go to sign back in I cannot get authenticated. I verified the username and password in the admin.password file. Looking at the log I get the following error:

WowzaAuthenticationProvider:Authentication:  : java.lang.NullPointerException|at com.wowza.wms.spring.WowzaAuthenticationProvider.authenticate(WowzaAuthenticationProvider.java:64)|at org.springframework.security.authentication.ProviderManager.authenticate(ProviderManager.java:156)|at org.springframework.security.authentication.ProviderManager.authenticate(ProviderManager.java:174)|at org.springframework.security.web.authentication.UsernamePasswordAuthenticationFilter.attemptAuthentication(UsernamePasswordAuthenticationFilter.java:94)|at org.springframework.security.web.authentication.AbstractAuthenticationProcessingFilter.doFilter(AbstractAuthenticationProcessingFilter.java:195)

Looking through the forums I saw references to other null pointer errors but not one for authentication.

I am running it as root. The permission appear to be ok as well.

What else should I check for and any other advice of things to look for?

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place, I did not see an area for installation issues.

Mike

Hi Mike,

I seem to remember this type of thing happening to me at one point. But I do not remember if a fresh install or a new license was required to get past it.

Could you please first try a fresh install of the latest version, and if that doesn’t work you may need to open a ticket. When opening a ticket please zip up your [install-dir]/conf and /logs folders and send them to support@wowza.com. Also please include a link to this thread as reference.

Thanks and hope the fresh install fixes the issue.

Salvadore

Thanks Salvadore,

I will re-install shortly and see what happens.