Thread: macFilter: nomatch

Default macFilter: nomatch

I added a new hard drive to a Wowza server (just extra storage, not the system drive). As part of this, I had to reboot. Now, Wowza won't come up and I am receiving macFilter: nomatch in the error log. I am not sure what this error is but is it referencing a license/mac address mismatch? This is a fully licensed (perpetual) server that has been in production for several years. All I did was reboot. I am dead in the water. Can you help?

Okay. I know what is going on. What I failed to mention in the original post was that the storage I added was NAS storage (i.e., reachable through the network). To do this, I had to enable a network adaptor. If I understand MAC addresses, they are tied to network adaptors. So now I have two MAC addresses and Wowza is tied to one of them, but not both apparently. I disabled the NAS network connection, and Wowza is running again. Anyone got any ideas how to overcome this?

Let me reset this. I have two network adaptors, one for the public Internet, and one for a private network that includes network attached storage. When I enable the network adaptor for the private network, I get "macFilter: nomatch" and Wowza will not start. My only workaround is to 1) disable the adaptor, 2) start Wowza, 3) re-enable the adaptor. I would prefer not to do this. Please advise. Thanks.

We will have to handle this in a ticket. Zip up /conf folder and recent access logs including recent restart, and the output of "ipconfig all" to support@wowza.com. Include a link to this thread for reference

Richard

Will do. Thank you.