Wowza Community

Load Testing Tool Error

Hello,

I receive an error when trying to run a live stream load test from my windows. Currently, I have configured a Wowza Streaming Engine 4 for Amazon EC2 4.0.3.01 build11149, and I’m using the 4.0.1 Load Testing Tool version provided by Wowza. I receive the following error messages:

ERROR server comment - IdleWorkerUtil: run.work : java.lang.NullPointerException|at com.wowza.wms.httpstreamer.model.HTTPStreamerContext.onIdle<HTTPStreamerContext.java:115>|at com.wowza.wms.util.IdleWorkerUtil.run<IdleWorkerUtil.java:111>:
ERROR server comment - PerformanceTest : java.lang.NullPointerException|at com.wowza.wms.performance.remote.PerformanceRemoteClientTest.run(PerformanceRemoteClientTest.java:160)|at com.wowza.wms.performance.PerformanceTest.run(PerformanceTest.java:57)|at com.wowza.wms.performance.PerformanceTestList.run(PerformanceTestList.java:68)|at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method):at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)|

This is my configuration file:

<Test>
			<Name>live</Name>
			<ClassBase>com.wowza.wms.performance.remote.PerformanceRemoteClientTest</ClassBase>
			<Properties>
				<Property>
					<Name>workerCount</Name>
					<Value>1</Value>
					<Type>Integer</Type>
				</Property>
				<Property>
					<Name>fileCount</Name>
					<Value>0</Value>
					<Type>Integer</Type>
				</Property>
				<Property>
					<Name>streamName</Name>
					<Value>2b54ba028327f59dx30cb5e39xv</Value>
				</Property>
				<Property>
					<Name>streamExt</Name>
					<Value></Value>
				</Property>
				<Property>
					<Name>vhostName</Name>
					<Value>_defaultVHost_</Value>
				</Property>
				<Property>
					<Name>connectionString</Name>
					<Value>live/_definist_</Value>
				</Property>
				<Property>
					<Name>bufferTime</Name>
					<Value>3000</Value>
					<Type>Integer</Type>
				</Property>
				<Property>
					<Name>doRandom</Name>
					<Value>false</Value>
					<Type>Boolean</Type>
				</Property>
				<Property>
					<Name>doRepeat</Name>
					<Value>true</Value>
					<Type>Boolean</Type>
				</Property>
				<Property>
					<Name>ipAddress</Name>
					<Value>wowza.xxx.net</Value>
				</Property>
				<Property>
					<Name>ports</Name>
					<Value>1935</Value>
				</Property>
			</Properties>
		</Test>

It’d be awesome if anybody could help me out

Hi,

Ensure that you have followed step 4 in the LoadTesingTool.pdf, as that’s the error usually seen when that

configuration step is not included:

1. The Load Testing tool requires the defaultVHost virtual host (VHost) to have its

own thread pool. By default, Wowza Streaming Engine is configured to use a server-level thread pool. To configure a VHost-level thread pool, edit [install-dir]/conf/VHost.xml and make the following changes:

• HandlerThreadPool/PoolSize: 60 x [total-core-count]

• TransportThreadPool/PoolSize: 40 x [total-core-count]

Give that a try.

Daren

Hi,

Which errors do you get?

The “IdleWorkerUtil: run.work” error can be resolved as mentioned above, by configuring the client section,

following the steps there in the provided PDF (LoadTesingTool.pdf), in particular step 4, to setup a VHost level

thread pool.

Daren

Please send your Tests.xml, VHost.xml, and a capture of your console output to support@wowza.com for further review.

Thanks,

Matt

Hi,

Ensure that you have followed step 4 in the LoadTesingTool.pdf, as that’s the error usually seen when that

configuration step is not included:

1. The Load Testing tool requires the defaultVHost virtual host (VHost) to have its

own thread pool. By default, Wowza Streaming Engine is configured to use a server-level thread pool. To configure a VHost-level thread pool, edit [install-dir]/conf/VHost.xml and make the following changes:

• HandlerThreadPool/PoolSize: 60 x [total-core-count]

• TransportThreadPool/PoolSize: 40 x [total-core-count]

Give that a try.

Daren

Thanks! I double-checked my VHost.xml configuration, and it had been done properly. I also get the following error message that I forgot in my first post:

ERROR server comment - PerformanceTest : java.lang.NullPointerException|at com.wowza.wms.performance.remote.PerformanceRemoteClientTest.run(PerformanceRemoteClientTest.java:160)|at com.wowza.wms.performance.PerformanceTest.run(PerformanceTest.java:57)|at com.wowza.wms.performance.PerformanceTestList.run(PerformanceTestList.java:68)|at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method):at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)|

I will update my original post with this information as well.

Hi

I got the exact error, has this problem being solved? Please advise.

thanks you all.

Kevin