Wowza Community

Application will not record automatically

Newbie to Wowza here, running trial version of Wowza 4.0.4

I have a flash client, that I have capturing my web camera, and I am successfully streaming to a live application I created in Wowza.

I’ve set it up to record automatically, and I double-checked the Application.xml for my app, which contains:

live-record

I can see the stream coming into the application on the wowza admin interface, and view it with the test player provided, but I still have to manually click “record” to get the files created.

I am hoping there is a way to automatically record that does not require a click-to-record scenario. Does that exist?

My actionscript code to connect looks like this:

private var activeConnection:NetConnection;

private var activeStream:NetStream;

activeConnection = new NetConnection();

activeConnection.connect(“rtmp://localhost/myapp”);

activeStream = new NetStream(activeConnection);

activeStream.publish(“myStreamName”, “record”); //I’ve also tried the param “live” here

Thanks in advance…

Hello,

We will need to see a log file with statements covering the issue reported. Please send an email to support@wowza.com. Include a reference to this post and a copy of the following files as a .zip (or other archive):

[install-dir]/conf

[install-dir]/logs

[install-dir]/transcoder

[install-dir]/manager/logs

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Regards,

-Tim

A response was issued to support ticket #95199:

Hi Mark,

I do see these errors:

WARN 200 - MediaWriterH264: Unsupported video format for MP4 container: CODEC_VIDEO_SPARK

WARN 200 - MediaWriterH264: Unsupported audio format for MP4 container: CODEC_AUDIO_NELLYMOSER

This indicates that Wowza is unable to record to MP4 because the codec from your source is not compatible with the MP4 recording mechanism. To overcome this, you will need to change your streaming codec or initialize the Transcoder AddOn. Since you’re running a trial license, this article offers the steps to setup:

How to set up and run Wowza Transcoder AddOn for live streaming

-Tim