Wowza Community

Restream won't auto start on server restart

I have followed the guide on how to re-stream https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-re-stream-video-from-an-ip-camera-rtsp-rtp-re-streaming and it’s working good. I’m using the 4.0.3 wowza version on Windows 2012. My only problem is that the stream doesn’t start up after server reboot or wowza restart. I have added the streams to the StartupStream.xml like this

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

live/definst

IPcam1.stream

rtp

live/definst

IPcam2.stream

rtp

when they don’t start i have to manually go in and start them and then they work fine until the next time.

Has any one have had this problem and know how to fix it?

Hi

Check the access and error logs in [install-dir]/logs.

See if there is an error on startup. If there’s a problem you should see something

during the attempts to start the streams.

Post parts of the logs here if you like.

Best regards,

Daren

Hi there, it sounds like you have another application trying to bind to the same Port/IP combination as Wowza.

Every VHost.xml /HostPort /IpAddress must be unique within Wowza. Another application cannot bind to the same IPAddress/Port as any Wowza HostPort. If there is any duplication there will be bind ERROR messages in the log file after startup.

Salvadore

That’s great news! I am glad you got this sorted and happy I could help.

Salvadore

Hi

Check the access and error logs in [install-dir]/logs.

See if there is an error on startup. If there’s a problem you should see something

during the attempts to start the streams.

Post parts of the logs here if you like.

Best regards,

Daren

ERROR after restart wowza server.

2014-06-22 10:04:35 CEST comment server ERROR 500 - REST API: Server request (GET): IP WhiteList blocked (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx)-403: http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8087/v1/server/server - - - 24.566 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

2014-06-22 10:04:37 CEST comment vhost WARN 200 defaultVHost Bind failed, try again ([any]:80): java.net.BindException: Address already in use: bind - - - 26.429 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

there is many entrys of the last WARN msg

what do they mean?

Hi there, it sounds like you have another application trying to bind to the same Port/IP combination as Wowza.

Every VHost.xml /HostPort /IpAddress must be unique within Wowza. Another application cannot bind to the same IPAddress/Port as any Wowza HostPort. If there is any duplication there will be bind ERROR messages in the log file after startup.

Salvadore

after running a netstat -o from cmd it shows thet ther is no active connections using port 80

but i stil get this WARN msg in wowza Log

CEST comment vhost WARN 200 defaultVHost Bind failed, try again ([any]:80): java.net.BindException: Address already in use: bind

:confused:

I finally figured it out. I do have a webserver on this server but its running on port 8080 so i figured it was good. It turns out that the Web Deployment Agent Service listens on port 80. After uninstalling that one everything seems to run normal and my .stream files start on reboot. Thx for pointing me in the right direction :slight_smile: