Wowza Community

nDVR Manifest file StreamType is inconsistent

I am contacting you in regards to some issues that we are observing using Wowza 3.6.3 and the nDVR plugin. When using nDVR we are seeing inconsistencies in our Manifest files, specifically the SteramType property. At times the Manifest will report a stream type of DVR and others it will return as recorded. This is happening on a stream with a consistent bitrate and a codec.

Why would we be getting two different types of manifest files from the same application?

Could you please expand on why the manifest file would switch the StreamType and what steps we need to take to ensure we are getting the correct configuration.

This is how nDVR works. If the source stream is not live during playback it is considered recorded.

Richard

Richard,

I am having issues using Flowplayer because of: recorded is set in the Manifest file.

Taking a look in here it seems this happens after the stream is no longer Live.

Using flowplayer and the sample player in the tutorials on this site… once this happens the viewer can no longer use the control bar to seek forward and back, just play and pause.

Any thoughts on this.

Thanks,

Robert

I am contacting you in regards to some issues that we are observing using Wowza 3.6.3 and the nDVR plugin. When using nDVR we are seeing inconsistencies in our Manifest files, specifically the SteramType property. At times the Manifest will report a stream type of DVR and others it will return as recorded. This is happening on a stream with a consistent bitrate and a codec.

http://www.solitairewithbuddies.com/