Wowza Community

Multicast streaming in corporate LAN

Hi,

We’re planning to use Wowza streaming server to have multicast streaming over RTSP or HTTP in a corporate LAN.

However after googling I found not many articles or official documentations on how to implement multicast streaming in Wowza.

So any help on this?

Thanks in advance.:slight_smile:

Hi Tom, and welcome to the Wowza forum!

You can use Push Publishing to achieve this:

How to push streams to CDNs and other services (Push Publishing)

Let us know how we can assist you in the future.

Salvadore

Hi,

The scheduler doesn’t track where the current video file is when it switches so it isn’t possible to restart from the exact location when the live switches back out.

Roger.

Tom,

This scheduler along with Push Publishing should get you to your desired goals.

How to do scheduled streaming with Wowza Streaming Engine (ServerListenerStreamPublisher)

Salvadore

Tom, have a look at this guide, it sounds like it will suit your needs:

How to loop a pre-roll until a live stream starts (ModuleLoopUntilLive)

salvadore

That’s great, glad I could help!

Salvadore

Thank you @salvadore.

I will get back here if I have problems on multicast streaming (Push Publishing).:slight_smile:

My situation is that I would like to setup a playlist which contains videos that are scheduled to play at certain time.

And I would like this playlist to be streamed over RTSP or HTTP in a multicast environment.

I’ve been racking my brain to get this solved even after reading the article above.

So any suggestion on my scenario?

Thank you!:slight_smile:

Thanks.

I have created a playlist that is scheduled to play at certain time.

Below is the playlist I created:

Wow! Thanks salvadore. This is exactly what I want!:o

Hi,

Thanks Salvadore, that’s a great module that I can use to meet my needs.

However, what should I do in the following situation?

Stream1 is playing scheduled videos (for instance, when live source comes in, it was playing 05:00 of item 2 in the playlist).

When live source ends, how to I configure it so that it can return to 05:01 of item 2 in the playlist?

Sorry for my bad English. I hope you can understand. Thx