Thread: [VOD] Transform my actual links stored in DB to VOD links ready for me to use

Arrow [VOD] Transform my actual links stored in DB to VOD links ready for me to use

Hello to all, this is my first post on this forum, I tried to search but the doesn't give many results related to my issue.

I have a Database with a table named videos which contain links to my videos in different folders in a different PC on the network.

I need Wowza to create VOD links and to store it in the same table so I can choose either the normal link or the VOD link.

I will then play the video in a page with JWPlayer.

So basically, the thing is how to make wowza to create links automatic using my DB.

Any ideas?

Sorry if this have been discussed before, if so, please share a link with me.

Thanks

Hello there,
    As far as I am aware there is nothing built in to handle this. you can post your request to the find a consultant forum

Salvadore

This is not exactly what you are looking for, but it is an example of how Wowza interacts with MySQL through JDBC. You may be able to modify to suite your needs:
    How to do user authentication for Flash RTMP client using JDBC connection to MySQL database

Salvadore

Hi wcatter,

I believe that you need specific programming in your application.

Where the JWPlayer is hosted?

Is there any application (PHP, ASP.NET, etc) that access your DB?

Hi Wcatter,

we need more information about your setup.
    1. do you want to run everything on the lan side or public or both?
    2. what delimeas also asked, where is your jwplayer hosted.
    3. do you have a webserver, php/mysql or is your data stored in an SQL database?
    4. do you fill your database by yourself or through an application?
    5. what is your network setup and which permissions do you have.
    6. can you connect the share straight to the wowza server?. if you can this, half your problem is already solved.

So please subscribe the tools you have, the setup, and what kind of servers (windows/linux), etcetera. and if you want it to run public or on your own private(LAN) network

@Salvadore, what i noticed about the jdbc connector is it stops sometimes and doesnt reconnect. this issue is located somewhere on this forum.

Thank you for your replies. My answers below.

Quote Originally Posted by nlmaca View Post
    Hi Wcatter,

we need more information about your setup.
    1. do you want to run everything on the lan side or public or both?
    Both
    2. what delimeas also asked, where is your jwplayer hosted.
    In Linux Box where Moodle is.
    3. do you have a webserver, php/mysql or is your data stored in an SQL database?
    Data is stored in a MySql 5.1.73 Box different PC
    4. do you fill your database by yourself or through an application?
    Through an application made in .NET C#
    5. what is your network setup and which permissions do you have.
    I have Admin rights, network is a development area, 10.0.2.X.
    6. can you connect the share straight to the wowza server?. if you can this, half your problem is already solved.
    The share folder is already connected to the WOWZA server as a Network drive. WOWZA will run in a Windows Server 2008 PC but for development purposes it is installed in a W7 OS
    So please subscribe the tools you have, the setup, and what kind of servers (windows/linux), etcetera. and if you want it to run public or on your own private(LAN) network

@Salvadore, what i noticed about the jdbc connector is it stops sometimes and doesnt reconnect. this issue is located somewhere on this forum.

Hi all, wondering if anyone read my post

The problem with Wowza and JDBC is around using it for logging. For your purposes that should not be an issue. You can easily validate your connection and results.

Richard