Wowza Community

Turn on transcoder for webcamrecording application

Hi all,

I’m newbie to Wowza. As per my needs, I need to record a video with H.264 and AAC support and use this video for further usage.

When I record a video, it is being recorded with H.264 and audio codec speex but I need AAC. I heard that to do this I can use Transcoder.

I have tried to configure this by making changes to Application.xml for webcamrecording. But not working.

Can any one please suggest me to turning on transcoder for webcamrecording application so that recorded video will be in H.264 and AAC?

Hi there and welcome to the Wowza forum.

This guide will show you how to set this up:

How to convert Flash Player 11 output from H.264 + Speex audio to H.264 + AAC audio using Wowza Transcoder AddOn

Please let us know how we can assist you in the future.

Salvadore

Once you send the stream through the Transcoder you can use:

How to record live streams (HTTPLiveStreamRecord) to record the stream

Salvadore

Thanks for your reply. It helps me to configure transcoder for videochating application.

This guide will show you how to set this up:

How to convert Flash Player 11 output from H.264 + Speex audio to H.264 + AAC audio using Wowza Transcoder AddOn

This shows turning on transcoder for live video chatting application. But I need to configure transcoder for video recording.

All my recorded videos using webcamrecording application are in H.264 and Speex but I need AAC as audio codec because I use these recorded videos in other application which supports only H.264 and AAC videos.

If I do not use transcoder, I again need to convert recorded video using FFMPEG to get H.264 and AAC.

Is it possible to enable transcoder for webcamrecording application too?

Is there any way to avoid record videos in H.264 and AAC to avoid re-encoding the same video?