Wowza Community

WSE 4.0.4 Upgrade Questions

Hello, I am currently a Demo user of Wowza on a Debian Linux system. I upgraded from 4.0.3 to 4.0.4 and it looks to have created a seperate folder for 4.0.4, and now all of my settings are lost, all of my Applications are gone, my ondemand content is missing. All of the raw files are still in the 4.0.3 directory.

In the future how can I update the software version without creating a new folder and having to rebuild all of the settings from scratch? I am afraid to copy paste some files for fear of version incompatibilities and further issues.

Hi,

You can download the Software Updates and apply them using this guide How to apply a Wowza Streaming Engine update.

Regards,

Jason

if you do the upgrade provided through the link of JasonH, you can do an upgrade without any problems. you can even do a undo-upgrade and set everything back to the previous state. Which procedure did you do?

Hi,

You can download the Software Updates and apply them using this guide How to apply a Wowza Streaming Engine update.

Regards,

Jason

I’m running Debian Linux, and the files I have are WowzaStreamingEngine-4.0.4.deb and WowzaStreamingEngine-4.0.4.deb.bin no *.zip so that link doesn’t really apply.

Well, it took a lot of looking around, but I found the UPDATE ZIP folder here: https://www.wowza.com/docs/software-updates

Under

Updating from Wowza Streaming Engine 4.0.x to Wowza Streaming Engine 4.0.4

The latest production update is: Wowza Streaming Engine 4.0.4 (updates Wowza Streaming Engine 4.0.x to 4.0.4)

So I finally got it working! Thank You!