Wowza Community

Wowza & Elecard

Hi

I’ve installed Wowza streaming engine and tried to set up live streaming of incoming stream from Elecard CodecWorks according to the Wowza manual How to set up live streaming using a native RTP encoder with SDP file

I generated an SDP file using Elecard tool with the following content:

v=0

o=- 1412257125 4 IN IP4 172.30.2.91

s=Elecard CodecWorks

i=Elecard streaming

u=http://www.elecard.com

e=tsup@elecard.ru

c=IN IP4 234.4.4.5/64

t=0 0

m=video 4344 RTP/AVP 33

a=rtpmap:33 MP2T/90000

a=control:trackID=0

I renamed it to myStream.sdp and copied to the content folder, but the file doesn’t show in the “stream files” list:

I tried to create a new file, the new stream file is created in the folder where SDP file is located. I even tried to use different folder as streaming file directory and put the sdp file there, but the result was the same. The stream from Elecard encoder is played back normally if I open the SDP file with VLC player.

What am I doing incorrectly?

Hi,

You will have to go to the Applications tab, and then click on the Stream Files link.

Please let me know if that helps.

Zoran

If you are using an encoder that generates an .sdp file, you have to copy that file to the application’s content folder, then use that file name as the stream name to start up. You will not need to create a .stream file. And the Wowza manager cannot really help with the .sdp file, except to start the stream, but the file that is generated by the encoder has to be copied to Wowza.

Richard

George,

You have to also start the stream, as I mentioned and shown in this guide. Look at the access log, find the publish event corresponding to the start of the stream, and below that you will see log messages that should show Wowza connecting to the stream and starting to packetize streams, per your configuration; or WARN and/or ERRROR messages.

Richard

Did you put the .sdp file in your “live” application’s content folder?

By default it should be in the [wowza-install-dir]/content/ folder.

Zoran

Hi Zoran

I went there, but there is also only possibility to create a new .stream file

Is it possible that this is a license limitation?

yes, I tried to put the file to the [wowza-install-dir]/content/ folder. If I press “add stream file”, put there a file name and a path, the .stream file appears tn the content folder and in the list of the stream files. But not the sdp file existing in the same folder

I put the sdp file to the content folder where 2 files already existed (cartoon file and an image). I also tried to restart the server after that, but with no result.

After all tests I installed wowza to my workstation with Win7 x32 for test purpose and it shows the file in the list (The original server where the issue appeared was win2012). Unfortunately I don’t have access to the server for some time, so I’ll try to find out what’s wrong later. Are there any possible reasons why Wowza doesn’t see the sdp file except wrong location of the sdp file?

best regards

George