Wowza Community

Wowza generates EOF after serveral hours when streaming with FFMPEG and RTMP

Hi all,

I’d like to ask if you have following/similar problem and ideally also solution. My setup is following:

1. capture with BM H.264 Pro Recorder

2. streaming to wowza with MXLight/FFMPEG and RTMP

The basic problem is that after some time of continuous streaming (usually around 20 hrs but can be also fewer), FFMPEG spontaneously exits with following message:

[output stream 0:1 @ 025af9c0] EOF on sink link output stream 0:1:default.

No more output streams to write to, finishing.

Streaming command is:

“C:\MXLight\utils\ffmpeg.exe” -rtbufsize 67108864 -re -f mpegts -c:v:0 h264 -c:a:1 aac -analyzeduration 500000 -fps

probesize 6 -i tcp://127.0.0.1:41116 -c:v copy -copyts -r 25 -af “volume=0dB” -c:a libvo_aacenc -ac 2 -ar 44100 -b:a 9

6k -bufsize 2000k -f flv -

This causes MXLight process to freeze (I am trying to solve this with its author as well).

Thanks a lot,

Martin

Difficult to say, but you may also want to check the Wowza logs at around the same time to see if any relevant event was captured, [wowza-install-dir]/logs/wowzastreamingengine_access.log. If you feel that it may point to a Wowza issue then please do raise a ticket with support@wowza.com (quote this forum post) and we’ll be in touch very quickly.

Maybe unrelated, but I did read elsewhere that some people were having more luck with the libav fork of ffmpeg in combination with Black Magic encoders. Certainly something to also keep an eye on even if it ends up not related to the current issue you’re experiencing.

Paul