Wowza Community

wowza restream Windows media service stream

Hi,

I have a windows media service(wms) live stream which works confirmed . Currently, it streams mp3 files but the problem is android does not accept live streaming of mp3 files. I was able to create a stream file using the tutorials I found here and every time I connect my live application to it, it shows successful. I am however unable to play any of the links in vlc even though while using the test players, the status says “stream is now published” and then “playing”. I have both my wowza server and wms on the same machine. Please suggestions. Thanks

Wowza does not support re-streaming mms streams from Windows Media Server, if that is what you are trying to do. You can use VLC in between.

Richard

Here is an article on using FFmpeg as an mpeg-ts encoder

Are using the VLC browser plugin for this? Is so, I would switch to the stand-alone VLC application. The plugin is good a multicast playback client

Richard

Hi,

VLC should be able to ingest the stream you have mentioned. Using VLC before Wowza, it will take the incoming stream and relay it to Wowza using one of the supported streaming protocols and video/audio codecs.

Just look at the examples described in the article Richard mentioned and use your HTTP stream as input for VLC.

Zoran

Thanks Richard for the quick reply. My media server is configured to use Http, isn’t that different? The live stream is here : http://50.62.10.158:8080/AfroEdenTen

VLC appears to be working when it’s not crashing. I have been able to confirm that the stream relayed to wowza is “active” in the incoming streams window, however vlc is never up long enough for me to test it before it crashes or justs stops streaming. Do you have any alternatives?. I wanna look into ffmpeg