Wowza Community

H264/AAC Streaming Sound Problem

I am pretty new to wowza. I’ve chineese Ip camera which has got H264 and AAC audio output format. I would like to stream the video+audio live from Amazon EC2 Server. We use Wowza Streaming Engine 4: Standard ($15 monthly subscription). By following the tutorial named “https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-re-stream-video-from-an-ip-camera-rtsp-rtp-re-streaming”.

The problem is that the video is fine but no audio (only can hear a tone sound). anybody can help me.

Thanks.

Hi there,

Do you see a message like this in the logs:

RTPSessionDescriptionDataProviderBasicRTSPWorker.b  uildSDPData: SDP data missing rtpmap entry for [audio] track. Try adding MediaCaster/Property rtspDefaultAudioRTPMap with track media information.

If so try adding the following property to the MediaCaster/Properties container in [install-dir]/conf/[application]/Application.xml with the proper media definition information. For example: for a G.711 mu-law audio track, the entry might look like this:

<Property> 
      <Name>rtspDefaultAudioRTPMap</Name> 
      <Value>PCMU/8000</Value>
</Property>

Note: you can start Wowza in stand-alone mode ([install-dir]/bin/startup.bat (startup.sh on Mac) to see the log output to the console.

I hope this helps, please let us know if you need further assistance in the future.

Salvadore

I just realized you posted this to the find a consultant forum.

Are you looking to hire someone to assist you? If not please refrain from posting to the find a consultant forum and instead use one of other Wowza forums. General forum for example.

If you are looking to hire someone, please include a detailed description of what the job will entail.

Thanks again and sorry for any inconvenience to all.

Salvadore