Wowza Community

multi bitrate, programmatically implementation

Hi dear Wowza Community,:slight_smile:

i found this tutorial about multiple bitrate streaming:

https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-do-adaptive-bitrate-streaming#abr_live

i want to deliver livestreams in 240p, 480p, 720p, 1080p is this possible with multiple bitrate? also iam using RTMP, Apple HLS and RTP/RTSP and Smooth Streaming as Playback Types.

The tutorial shows only how to do it manually, but i want it implement in my “WowzaApp” so it delivers this versions automatically.:cool:

where to start :confused: ?

thank you for your help and time!:rolleyes:

Hi,

You can start by installing and configuring Wowza by following the instructions described in the “Quick Start Guide” article.

The second step would be to enable the Wowza Transcoder addon. You can follow the instructions described in the “How to set up and run Wowza Transcoder AddOn for live streaming” article.

For HTTP based streaming protocols like Apple HLS, Adobe HDS, Smoothstream, you can use the “StreamNameGroups” transcoder functionality.

For RTMP adaptive playback you can use the SMIL method described in the article you have already mentioned. Also, if you are using JW Player for playing back the RTMP streams, you can follow the instructions described in the “How to use JW Player with adaptive bitrate streaming from Wowza Streaming Engine” forum article.

Adaptive streaming is not available for RTSP playback clients, but you could have your RTSP player request the appropriate playback URL, based on the available bandwidth for each client.

Of course, the final step would be to publish a stream to your Wowza server application which has the Transcoder addon enabled. You can follow the instructions described in one of the following articles:

How to set up live streaming using an RTMP-based encoder

How to set up live streaming using an RTSP/RTP-based encoder

Zoran