Wowza Community

Authenticate users problem

I installed Wowza Streaming Engine and I want only users with right username i password to see video. I’m trying ModuleOnConnectAuthenticate2. I installed the module, added required settings, create connect.password usernames and passwords. I use rtmp url:

rtmp://[wowza-ip]:1935/vod/mp4:sample.mp4

According to your tutorial https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-do-file-based-rtmp-authentication-with-url-query-strings-onconnectauthenticate2 I have to use this rtmp url rtmp://[wowza-ip]:1935/live/?user1&pass1. But how, where shall I put this code.

Maybe I must accomplish this on some other way?

And all your examples are with live application, can I use authentication on vod application?

I’m desperate. Any help would be appreciate.

Hi,

The module ModuleOnConnectAuthenticate2 should work fine for what you want to achieve. A quick test using the built in VOD app and sample.mp4 would be to use:

rtmp://[WOWZA-IP]:1935/vod/?username&password/mp4:sample.mp4

So long as you have added the moduleOnConnectAuthenticate module (note: using the com.wowza.wms.plugin.collection.module.ModuleOnConnectAuthenticate2 class), added at least the rtmpAuthenticateFile property and created the password file as outlined here you should be good to go.

Paul