Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: iPad : Aspect ratio troubles depending on resolution

This is not a problem of playback at all.

The problem is what iPad 2 or 3 stream to Wowza server using Gocoder. From our point of view this is a problem in encoding parameters of Gocoder.
    The video stream sent from iPad 2 or iPad 3 does not respect the 16:9 aspect ratio while in 640x360 resolution.

Ah, thanks for the clarification. I will test that with IPhone 5 and IPad Air to see if I can replicate.

Richard

Yes, I can replicate what you are seeing with 640x360 resolution in Flash RTMP. I used a debug player, the metadata was right but display was stretched. And I see it in HLS playback on VLC. So it appears to be an GoCoder problem. I will log as a bug.

Thanks for the report,
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by rrlanham View Post
    Yes, I can replicate what you are seeing with 640x360 resolution in Flash RTMP. I used a debug player, the metadata was right but display was stretched. And I see it in HLS playback on VLC. So it appears to be an GoCoder problem. I will log as a bug.

Thanks for the report,
    Richard
    Hi,

We are using the last JW 6 player, with latest WSE and latest gocoder. We are streaming from iPhones and iPads using gocoder. We set gocoder for 720p on both. The player shows the iphone stream correctly, but the iPad stream is compressed horizontally. Is this bug expected to be fixed on the iPad gocoder build?

No response... will try making a new thread

Hi,

I've tried this myself using GoCoder on the latest iPad + latest JWPlayer and I don't see any aspect ratio issues playing back a 720p stream (HLS). Can you provide more detail about how compressed horizontally the stream looks to you?

Paul

Yes, iPhone has that too, actually. I will submit a report and ask for the backlog. I can't say when it might be considered or implemented.
    Last edited by doankhuong92; 08-23-2016 at 02:30 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12