Wowza Community

Pulling mystream.mp4 from my google cloud instance to my local Windows 7 machine

Linux n00b here having trouble pulling a file from the server to my local Windows 7 professional 64 bit machine. I am using Wowza to stream live video and I am recording these live videos to my Google Cloud instance located here: /usr/local/WowzaStreamingEngine/content/myStream.mp4 When I ssh:

gcutil --project=”myprojectname” pull “my instance” “/usr/local/WowzaStreamingEngine/content/myStream.mp4” “/folder1”

I receive a permission denied error. When I try saving another folder deep on my local machine i.e “/folder1/folder2” the error returned is file or directory not found. I’ve checked that I have write permisions set on my local Windows 7 machine so I do not think it is a permissions error. Again, apologize for the n00b question, I’m just been stuck here for days.

Thx, ~Greg

Hi,

It does seem like this is a local permissions error.

We can, for instance, run this:

gcutil --project="proven-grin-421" pull  "wowza-sandbox" "/usr/local/WowzaStreamingEngine/content/sample.mp4 " "."

and it works fine.

So make certain that the file is really there on the google instance, for example:

/usr/local/WowzaStreamingEngine/content/myStream.mp4

then save the file to your own User directory on your windows machine.

Daren

Was able to solve this working with a Google Cloud expert. This issue was primarily caused by my lack of experience with Linux. Will post link to SO here in case others may find it useful.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/24621680/pulling-file-from-the-google-cloud-server-to-local-machine