Wowza Community

item not in cache vod error

Hi,

I am getting this error " item not in cache " when streaming VOD. I am not using S3 .

Please help .

Thanks

Deepak

Hello,

This error message typically occurs when the Media Cache addon does not have access to the VOD asset that is being requested by the streaming client.

Can you make sure that this content is available in the media cache source location? If it is there, can you make sure that it is accessible by media cache?

Zoran

It sounds like you configured the application in the Wowza Manager as a “vod edge” which uses a web server, or S3, or NAS drive as the content source. You want to configure the application as “vod” to playback local content.

Richard

On second thought, I would like to ask you a question.

What is your intended setup? Do you want to configure a regular VOD delivery application, or you wish to configure a VOD edge application?

Zoran

On second thought, I would like to ask you a question.

What is your intended setup? Do you want to configure a regular VOD delivery application, or you wish to configure a VOD edge application?

Zoran

Yes a regular VOD delivery Application

We have Amazon EC2 inbuilt Wowza setup.

When trying to play video from VOD or VODS3 everytime getting Item not in cache error.

When Video is live Its playback well(live-record) , but after live I can see file saved in content directory but video doesn’t play.

Error:

MediaReaderH264.open[1]: java.io.IOException: MediaCacheRandomAccessReader.open: Item not in cache:

Stream URL used :

rtmp://:1935/vod/mp4:streamId.mp4

rtmp:///vod/mp4:streamId.mp4

rtmp://:1935/vods3/mp4:streamId.mp4

Wowza version : 3.0.5

Thanks

Deepak