Wowza Community

OS X Terminal seems taken over

I believe I was getting this when I was running OS X 10.7 server and Wowza Media Server 3.5; I am getting it in OS X 10.9 (client) – same computer, just upgraded (note: the output that follows is not something I’ve typed a command to cause):

Last login: Thu Jul 10 15:23:05 on console

mole:~ admin$ cd /Library/WowzaMediaServer/bin;./startup.sh;exit

-bash: cd: /Library/WowzaMediaServer/bin: No such file or directory

-bash: ./startup.sh: No such file or directory

logout

[Process completed]

How can I create Terminal windows/tabs without this happening?

Do I need to manually delete a script, or a line in a script?

Bob

Hi Bob,

I’ve seen it in the past that OSX upgrades will remove some items if it thinks it doesn’t need them. The last upgrade I did wiped out all of my custom java installations and I had to reinstall them. It’s quite possible that the upgrade removed the Wowza folders from the Library folder. If you have been using Time Machine then you may be able to restore them, otherwise a reinstall will be needed.

Roger.

Hi Bob,

On OSX, the uninstall is a manual process but quite simple.

• Delete /Library/WowzaMediaServer*. There should be a symlink from WowzaMediaServer -> WowzaMediaServer-{version}. Wowza Streaming Engine will create it’s own folders.

• Delete /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.wowza.WowzaMediaServer.plist. This is the service script. WSE will create its own scripts.

• Delete /Applications/Wowza Media Server {version}. Again, WSE will create its own folder in the Applications folder.

Roger.

Roger,

Thanks for that. This week I: gave up my WSS 3.6 licenses, upgraded from OS X 10.7 server to 10.9 (client), and installed WSE 4, so I don’t care about 3.6 anymore. Is is there an uninstall app / script for 3.6?

Bob

Roger, all squared away, thanks. Bob