Wowza Community

How to make HLS smil stream work smoother on Android device?

Hi everyone,

I have problem with play HLS on Android with default media player. It don’t works smoothly, and sometimes interupts when it change to another profile. However it works properly on iOS device, very smoothly.

May I change the Cupertino ChunkTargetDuration to 2 seconds to fix error?

Thank to see.

When testing both devices (iOS and Android), are you behind the same Wifi? Have you tried playing back rtsp on the Android device to compare the difference? What is your current live streaming packetization configuration?

Hi,

Are you talking about adaptive bitrate delivery smil file?

Can you confirm that all the streams described in the .smil file are properly key-frame aligned?

Zoran

Hi,

If the key-frames ar eproperly aligned by the encoder then there is no need to use the Transcoder addon.

Since you already have the debug key-frame aligned mode enabled for logging, it would help if you open a support ticket by sending an email to support@wowza.com and attach your Wowza configuration and log files so we could take a closer look.

We would like to see the contents of these folders:

[Wowza-Install]/conf/

[Wowza-Install]/logs/

Also make sure to attach the .smil file you are using.

Zoran

Hi matt_y,

I test both devices (iOS and Android) behind the same Wifi. Smil streams work on iPads better, smoother than Android tablets.

I only use HLS cupertino packetiazation for both devices.

Hi zoran,

Yes, I 'm talking about adaptive bitrate delivery smil file.

I use Harmonic encoders to encode multibitrate (4 profiles) for my streams, it has key-frame aligned feature. I use RTMP to send them to Wowza Servers and all the streams described in the .smil file.

I set key frame distance is 2 seconds, and I also use feature debug key frame aligned of Wowza application.

May I have to use Wowza Trancode Addon to solve my problem?