Wowza Community

RTMP push from Helix

Hi All,

I have configured a RTMP push on Helix Security Server. What are the changes and configuration changes required on Wowza server to make it work. I am quite new to Wowza, so please help me doing this.

Regards,

Ram Korla

Hi,

Please take a look at the “How to set up live streaming using an RTMP-based encoder” forum article. You should find all the necessary steps described in this article.

Zoran

Hi,

We don’t have an article specific to Helix RTMP, but the article provided by Zoran above is a generic guide for RTMP streams that are pushed.

It should work for your intended use.

Daren

Hi Ram,

Using the Wowza Manager UI, you can go to the “Applications” tab and click the “IncomingStreams” link from the left menu.

You should be able to see your incoming encoder stream in the page that loads when clicking that link. You will see the IP address of your encoder and the source port that your encoder is using to publish the stream to Wowza.

Another way of checking if your stream is reaching the Wowza server would be to look at the Wowza logs and search for “publish” events that are logged when your encoder is establishing the connection with Wowza.

Zoran

Hi Zoran,

Thanks for the reply. But, I was looking for instructions on how to stream a live stream in wowza which is pushed from Helix Security server via RTMP push.

Ram

Hi Daren,

How do i verify the rtmp push is reaching my wowza server or not? please clarify this.

Regards,

Ram