Wowza Community

Null pointer exception at com.wowza.wms.stream.live.MediaStreamLive.close

Hello,

I m having a problem with rtsp/rtp stream getting disconnected which is coming from live encoder, Initially I was getting RTSPSessionTimeOut with the exception

ERROR   server  comment 2014-07-21      06:25:28        757866633       10.100.200.54   -       906003490       0       246488.956      -       -       -       -       -       -       -       -       RTPStream.shutdown[stream.close:{mdr:null stm:com.wowza.wms.stream.live.MediaStreamLive@33ad828b udp:com.wowza.wms.rtp.transport.RTPUDPTransportMina@44558e2e app:com.wowza.wms.application.ApplicationInstance@44ab6493}:com.wowza.wms.stream.live.LiveReceiver.trim(LiveReceiver.java:2781)] : java.lang.NullPointerException|at com.wowza.wms.stream.live.LiveReceiver.trim(LiveReceiver.java:2781)|at com.wowza.wms.stream.live.LiveReceiver.a(LiveReceiver.java:2679)|at com.wowza.wms.stream.live.LiveReceiver.a(LiveReceiver.java:2755)|at com.wowza.wms.stream.live.LiveReceiver.close(LiveReceiver.java:3076)|at com.wowza.wms.stream.live.MediaStreamLive.close(MediaStreamLive.java:149)|

As mentioned here : RTSP/rtp session timeout I have changed the RTSP session time out value to 0 to never time out, I still see the exception and the stream disconnects after running for every couple of hour.

P.S : I am using WowzaStreamingEngine 4.0.3

Any insights?

Thanks,

Anupam

Hello Anupam

It would help if you could provide more context surrounding the event where the nullpointer is thrown. If possible, zip up your conf/ and logs/ directories and send them to support@wowza.com for further review. Please be sure to mention this post in the email.

Thanks,

Matt