Playlist stream source spec

Hi,

How can I specify a playlist item like this:

playlist1.addItem(“rtmp://myhost:1935/live/myStream”, -2, -1);

??

It does not seem to work as is.

Thanks!

Atmapuri

Use .stream file (or alias using the Alias addon) that contained that URL, then start it in StreamManager or Wowza Manager with MediaCaster type “liverepeater”. For example a file named mystream.stream in /content folder, with contents “rtmp://myhost:1935/live/myStream”

playlist1.addItem("mystream.stream", -2, -1);

mystream.stream has to be started in StreamManager or with the Wowza Manager or the MediaCaster API with MediaCaster type “liverepeater”

Richard

Take a look at this guide, Atmapuri, to start MediaCaster streams interactively. And you can do it in the Wowza Manager where .stream files are managed.

Or this guide to start MediaCaster streams when Wowza starts up.

Richard

This article shows how to use the MediaCaster API

Richard

Dear Richard,

mystream.stream has to be started … with the MediaCaster API with MediaCaster type “liverepeater”

How do I that?

What I would like to achieve, is that a restart of the application, will automatically also start the stream. Currently the entire server needs to be restarted to get the stream file going again.

Thanks!

Atmapuri

Thank you Richard for your assistance, but my question was how to do that in code not via IDE but via MediaCaster API. What code do I need to put in front of:

playlist1.addItem(“mystream.stream”, -2, -1);

??

Atmapuri