Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SermonAudio and Wowza

Default SermonAudio and Wowza

Does anyone here have any experience with pushing a stream to SermonAudio? http://www.sermonaudio.com

I have everything configured and the logs are saying that is publishing, but the live stream is not showing in SermonAudio.

Thanks

Hi,

Are you able to play back the stream at Wowza output using a Flash based player?
    It is possible that you are using a video/audio codec configuration that isn't supported by the SermonAudio service.

Zoran

I can play it back using a flashed based player.

I was thinking of that today about SermonAudio.

Quick Rundown:

We use the Vaddio AV Bridge and pull in the A/V mix to Wowza. I then just re-stream it to SermonAudio. I will try to set up transcoding then send that stream to SermonAudio.

I will report back.

Thanks!

So I spoke to the tech guy at SermonAudio.

He said the reason it is not working is because they need me to send the audio and video bitrate information. For some reason the PushPublish does not send that. Is there an option to send that information?

Thanks!

Hello,

I would expect that the push publishing workflow is indeed providing the meta data that you need. This is a very widely used workflow pushing to a very broad spectrum of CDN's.

Perhaps your source isn't providing the audio and video bitrate information that SermonAudio requires? Can you provide more specifics on what SermonAudio needs?

-Tim

So here are the two extra parameters that they need, "audiodatarate" and "videodatarate". Just don't know how to send that over to them via the push publishing workflow.

Those would be their field names.

- Doyen

I can cut and paste some log information later that will show what is happening.

Not really sure what to post from the logs. What would I need to show so that I could get some feedback on how to pass those parameters?

Hi,
    Add the following to the PushPublishMap.txt for your source stream entry:

debugLog:true, debugPackets:true

This will provide more info in the logs.
    You can paste the connection information here that is being sent to the service from the [install-dir]/logs/wowzastreamingengine_access.log.

There is a parameter for the map file entries name:
    queryString:

Query string data is added to the URL as part of the connection information (default is [no-value]).

It's likely that SermonAudio wants the "audiodatarate" and "videodatarate" information passing in a query string such as the above.
    If you could find out what form SermonAudio requires the information, it could probably be accommodated

Daren

Quote Originally Posted by doyenblair View Post
    I can play it back using a flashed based player.

I was thinking of that today about SermonAudio.

Quick Rundown:

We use the Vaddio AV Bridge and pull in the A/V mix to Wowza. I then just re-stream it to SermonAudio. I will try to set up transcoding then send that stream to SermonAudio.

I will report back.

Thanks!
    Hi,
    I've been attempting to configure our trial of Wowza to accept the IP streaming address but have not been successful thus far. As you probably know, the AV Bridge is only able to send out its content on its own IP (passively) rather than send it to a Wowza IP and port.

How were you able to figure it out?

Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast