Wowza Community

SermonAudio and Wowza

Does anyone here have any experience with pushing a stream to SermonAudio? http://www.sermonaudio.com

I have everything configured and the logs are saying that is publishing, but the live stream is not showing in SermonAudio.

Thanks

Hi,

Are you able to play back the stream at Wowza output using a Flash based player?

It is possible that you are using a video/audio codec configuration that isn’t supported by the SermonAudio service.

Zoran

Hi,

Add the following to the PushPublishMap.txt for your source stream entry:

debugLog:true, debugPackets:true

This will provide more info in the logs.

You can paste the connection information here that is being sent to the service from the [install-dir]/logs/wowzastreamingengine_access.log.

There is a parameter for the map file entries name:

queryString:

Query string data is added to the URL as part of the connection information (default is [no-value]).

It’s likely that SermonAudio wants the “audiodatarate” and “videodatarate” information passing in a query string such as the above.

If you could find out what form SermonAudio requires the information, it could probably be accommodated

Daren

Hi,

The online docs seem to indicate the Vaddio AV Bridge provides an rtsp stream, and the rtsp URL is built up on the IP streaming settings page of the device.

This is the way to stream to Wowza from such a device.

We use the same method to re-stream from rtsp based IP cameras.

Daren

Hi,

So we can get more detailed information, would you please open a support ticket by sending an email to support@wowza.com

and attach a zip archive file containing the folders (and contents) [install-dir]/conf and [install-dir]/logs plus [install-dir]/transcoder.

Please reference this thread/post url in the email you send.

Daren

Hi,

This matter will now be handled in the ticket you created (100488).

Regards,

Jason

Hello,

I would expect that the push publishing workflow is indeed providing the meta data that you need. This is a very widely used workflow pushing to a very broad spectrum of CDN’s.

Perhaps your source isn’t providing the audio and video bitrate information that SermonAudio requires? Can you provide more specifics on what SermonAudio needs?

-Tim

I can play it back using a flashed based player.

I was thinking of that today about SermonAudio.

Quick Rundown:

We use the Vaddio AV Bridge and pull in the A/V mix to Wowza. I then just re-stream it to SermonAudio. I will try to set up transcoding then send that stream to SermonAudio.

I will report back.

Thanks!

So I spoke to the tech guy at SermonAudio.

He said the reason it is not working is because they need me to send the audio and video bitrate information. For some reason the PushPublish does not send that. Is there an option to send that information?

Thanks!

So here are the two extra parameters that they need, “audiodatarate” and “videodatarate”. Just don’t know how to send that over to them via the push publishing workflow.

Those would be their field names.

• Doyen

I can cut and paste some log information later that will show what is happening.

Not really sure what to post from the logs. What would I need to show so that I could get some feedback on how to pass those parameters?

Yes, @tdupras, what @daren_j stated is correct. His link is the same way that I set it up.

Doyen

@daren,

Here is the connection info from the logs. Any ideas?

2014-08-10 09:10:15 CDT comment server INFO 200 - PushPublishRTMP.connect[rtmp://stream2.sa-media.com:1935/harvestbible/SundayServiceStream%i] - - - 14.509 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

2014-08-10 09:10:15 CDT comment server INFO 200 - PushPublishRTMP#IdleHandler.create[rtmp://stream2.sa-media.com:1935/harvestbible/SundayServiceStream%i] - - - 14.533 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

2014-08-10 09:10:15 CDT comment server INFO 200 - PushPublishRTMP.internalConnect: rtmp://stream2.sa-media.com:1935/harvestbible/SundayServiceStream%i - - - 14.536 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

2014-08-10 09:10:15 CDT comment server INFO 200 - PushPublishRTMP.resolveHostName[rtmp://stream2.sa-media.com:1935/harvestbible/SundayServiceStream%i]: ip address of “stream2.sa-media.com” is “50.22.52.237” - - - 14.575 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

2014-08-10 09:10:15 CDT comment server INFO 200 - PushPublishRTMP.internalConnect[rtmp://stream2.sa-media.com:1935/harvestbible/SundayServiceStream%i]: connecting to host “stream2.sa-media.com” - - - 14.576 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

2014-08-10 09:10:15 CDT comment server INFO 200 - JNI:TranscoderSession.videoDecoderDecode[defaultVHost:HBC_Sunday_Service/definst/SundayServiceStream.stream]: Decoder frame size: frame:1920x1088 display:1920x1088 bufferSize:3133440 - - - 14.61 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

2014-08-10 09:10:15 CDT comment server INFO 200 - PushPublishRTMP.addSession[rtmp://stream2.sa-media.com:1935/harvestbible/SundayServiceStream%i]: {[0]: 1366526223 } - - - 14.644 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

2014-08-10 09:10:15 CDT comment server INFO 200 - PushPublishRTMP.sessionOpened[rtmp://stream2.sa-media.com:1935/harvestbible/SundayServiceStream%i]: - - - 14.688 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

2014-08-10 09:10:15 CDT comment server INFO 200 - PushPublishRTMP.callConnect[rtmp://stream2.sa-media.com:1935/harvestbible/SundayServiceStream%i]: harvestbible?authmod=adobe&user=harvestbible

@JasonH

Thanks !

I can play it back using a flashed based player.

I was thinking of that today about SermonAudio.

Quick Rundown:

We use the Vaddio AV Bridge and pull in the A/V mix to Wowza. I then just re-stream it to SermonAudio. I will try to set up transcoding then send that stream to SermonAudio.

I will report back.

Thanks!

Hi,

I’ve been attempting to configure our trial of Wowza to accept the IP streaming address but have not been successful thus far. As you probably know, the AV Bridge is only able to send out its content on its own IP (passively) rather than send it to a Wowza IP and port.

How were you able to figure it out?

Thanks!