Wowza Community

vod category

hi my question is how can i add in vod config that the wowza read from folders the movies and not in a one content

i want to add like drama ,action,comedy etc.

in nginx i can make it so

application vod2 {

play /home/drama;

}

application vod3 {

play /home/comedy;

}

and then by client site if i ask in the rtmp line link:rtmp//:ip:port/vod3/comed.mp4

the nginx know that is , in this directory /home/comedy this movie can i do the same in wowza?

Hello,

You can create different VOD applications, each having it’s own content storage folder.

Please take a look at the “How to set up video on demand streaming” forum article.

For each of your different video on demand applications, you will need to specify a different “Content Directory”.

Zoran

Hi,

This means that you can have all your Wowza applications running on the same server, but each applciation will be getting the content from a different location.

For example, if you have your action application (let’s say an application called “vod1”) configured to read content from /home/action location, then to request an action movie, your client will need to use the following playback URL:

rtmp://WowzaIP:1935/vod1/yourActionMovieName.mp4

The same way, if you have your comedy application (let’s say an application called “vod3”) configured to read content from /home/comedy location, then to request a comedy movie, your client will need to use the following playback URL:

rtmp://WowzaIP:1935/vod3/yourComedyMovieName.mp4

Using a Flash client, when paying back the video on demand file, the user can hit the pause button on his player and can resume the playback afterwards. This feature is supported by Wowza server.

Zoran

that mean that i need run every time different services right

one for comedy

one for action etc.

and my last question is can you tell me please if on the client side can pause the movie and then if want to resume it because i have search for it but nothing its stop but after dont resume its go to resume but freeze and remaining there