Wowza Community

Can't build JWPlayer with secured token

Hi,

I followed the tutorials, tryed many ways to build jwplayer 6 with a secure token, under windows 7 or linux ubuntu server 14.04, but i never succeed.

I can build the html5 file with success, but building the swf file always fails.

On my Linux server, it says that the following line (line 74) of my src/flash/com/longtailvideo/jwplayer/player/Player.as File has an error :

protected function newController(mod:Model, vw:View):Controller {

Apparantly, “Controller” type is not recognized.

I am using java 6 jdk, flex sdk 4.1, ant 1.7.

Hi,

Unfortunately (so to speak) it compiles ok for me. Running Ubuntu Linux 14.04, JW Player 6.9.0 source, Flex SDK 4.6.0 and ant 1.9.3. What are your build properties?

Paul

Hi,

Unfortunately (so to speak) it compiles ok for me. Running Ubuntu Linux 14.04, JW Player 6.9.0 source, Flex SDK 4.6.0 and ant 1.9.3. What are your build properties?

Paul

Thank you for your answer Paul.

I have tryed with ant 1.9 too, doesn’t work either.

Flex SDK is just a repertory that i copy/pasted on the computer, not an install through apt-get (i also tryed to install flex with “apt-get install flex”, but it doesnt help)

My build properties are the following :

# -----------------------------------------------------------------
# User-Defined Variables
#
# Modify these path values to reflect paths on your system
# The location of the Flex SDK on your sytem.
# flexsdk = C:/Program Files/Adobe/Flash Builder 4/sdks/4.1.0
# Replace the above line with the following for unix / OS X, replacing the path
# flexsdk = /Applications/Adobe-Flash-Builder-4/sdks/4.1.0
#flexsdk = /Developer/SDKs/flex_sdk_4
flexsdk = /usr/local/bin/flex_sdk_4.1/
#flexsdk = /usr/local/bin/flex_sdk_4.5
# Extension for Windows setups
# execextension = .exe
# Value should be left blank for Unix / OS X
execextension =
# Flash player target
flexsdk.target = 10.1.0
# Project Settings - DO NOT MODIFY
application.package = com/longtailvideo/jwplayer/player
application.class = Player
application.majorversion = 6
application.minorversion = 9
flexsdk.bin.dir = ${flexsdk}/bin
flexsdk.lib.dir = ${flexsdk}/frameworks/libs
asdoc.exe = ${flexsdk.bin.dir}/asdoc${execextension}
compc.exe = ${flexsdk.bin.dir}/compc${execextension}
mxmlc.exe = ${flexsdk.bin.dir}/mxmlc${execextension}
src.dir = ${basedir}/src/flash
release.dir = ${basedir}/bin-release
debug.dir = ${basedir}/bin-debug
sdk.dir = ${release.dir}/sdk
~

Regarding your flexsdk.target, do you actually have a 10.x.x in [flex-install-path]/frameworks/libs/player? My flex install only has 11.1 so I’ve flexsdk.target=11.1. Just wondering if you’ve the latest install. This is on a Linux box so no “execextension = .exe”. I’ve not tried building jwplayer on a Windows box though.

Paul

Thank you for this idea.

I have both a 10.1 and 10.0 folders in my [flex-install-path]/frameworks/libs/player directory.

I have tryed changing the flexsdk.target parameter to 10.0 or 10.1, but the result is the same : build fails with the same error message.

The execextension is already setted to null.

Did you install Flex Sdk with “apt-get install flex” or did you just copy/paste the folder ?

and if i may ask, wich version of Java jdk are you using ? and wich package did you install it with ?

Regarding your flexsdk.target, do you actually have a 10.x.x in [flex-install-path]/frameworks/libs/player? My flex install only has 11.1 so I’ve flexsdk.target=11.1. Just wondering if you’ve the latest install. This is on a Linux box so no “execextension = .exe”. I’ve not tried building jwplayer on a Windows box though.

Paul