Thread: Why do I have 2 identical copies of wowzastreamingengine in my local directory?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Why do I have 2 identical copies of wowzastreamingengine in my local directory?

In my local directory, I have WowzaStreamingEngine-4.0.3 and WowzaStreamingEngine. Each has identical files, including applications I've created. When I move either out of the local dir the server won't start. I get "WowzaStreamingEngine: unrecognized service" I'm just getting started and was wondering what this is all about.

It sounds like you're using Linux and you're looking at the real dir (WowzaStreamingEngine-4.0.3) and the symlink (WowzaStreamingEngine) which gets updated when installing later versions of Wowza to keep "WowzaStreamingEngine" as the used path. If you remove either of these you'll mess-up the installation.

What are you trying to achieve by moving the directories?
    If you want to use content in a different location or on a different disk you can specify the path using the "Content Directory" for the application. This can be edited using Wowza Streaming Engine Manager (WSEM).