Wowza Community

Sample iOS project for live streaming through wowza streaming engine

Need to stream two way videos between iOS and Web application. For example, Whatever I see in my iOS device front camera will have to be streamed to my web application (say for ex. an Applet) and vice versa. Whatever I see in my desktop web app(using cam in desktop) should be streamed to iOS app. So, i want to stream live video in this two way communication.The App would need to stream using a low latency protocol such as RTMP. Please share any sample iOS project link please, which does streaming of iPhone live streaming video to Wowza?

Help is highly appreciable. Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Streaming to an iOS device from Wowza is of course very simple using our HLS output format. The challenge it seems here based on your requirements is to write code on an iOS device to generate an RTMP stream to Wowza, and for an RTMP stream to be ingested by the iOS device. I suspect you’d be much better off ignoring RTMP and sticking with HLS, even if it may not give you RTMP-like low latency. Our GoCoder iOS app has quite impressive low latency response times so could be used as a baseline for your future development.

Paul

Hi,

There are projects and frameworks out there that can be used as a basis for managing RTMP streams on iOS devices. This one or this for example look interesting. It depends on how comfortable you are with Objective-C programming I guess.

Paul

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your response. Other than GoCoder iOS app, can you refer any other sample ios project to be used as a baseline project.

Bhagya